(create the meta page)
|(10 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''This page is for discussing [[About/Website | my website]] and updates to it. It's not actual content, or at least it's not likely to be very interesting content. I will
''This page is for discussing [[About/Website | my website]] and updates to it. It's not actual content, or at least it's not likely to be very interesting content. I will move stuff from this page to [[Meta/Archive]].''
, and to . .
feed , really to to the feed the
, . , but nowshould be . , that the
up my , but I'.
Latest revision as of 00:32, 10 July 2010
This Meta page is for discussing my website and updates to it. It's not actual content, or at least it's not likely to be very interesting content, but it is hopefully stuff that is useful to visitors, so I'll mark updates to it so they show up in the feed occasionally. I will move old stuff from this page to Meta/Archive.
23:31, 9 July 2010 (PDT)
Okay, after a day and a half, I think I have varnish working, and man, it really is blazingly fast compared to raw apache httpd, even with php APC turned on. Like, hundreds of times faster.
I'll post details about it once it's stable for a few days.
00:46, 9 July 2010 (PDT)
I'm trying to get the Varnish cache working, so things may be a bit wonky for a while. Thanks for your patience.
14:09, 13 May 2010 (PDT)
Does anybody seeing this use Thunderbird as their feed reader and get dupe updates of all the posts on my site every couple of days? If so, send me mail please, I'm really hoping I fixed it this time (last time I fixed the dates on all the posts in the feed to their actual modification date as opposed to the feed generation date, and then that didn't really fix it, and this time I made the http headers in the feed have a Last-Modified date).
16:49, 6 May 2010 (PDT)
OMG, I think I finally fixed the timestamp bug in the WikiFeeds extension I use. Sorry for the RSS/Atom spam over the past few days, but it should be over now, and the articles should actually be marked with when they were actually written, not when the feed cache was invalidated. This means Thunderbird will not redownload all the articles every couple hours. It also means Google Reader is kind of confused, since it seems to cache across users, in that cloudy sort of way. No idea what it will do, but I assume it will still get new articles, like this one when I set it to go out on the feed.
Note to self: I need to put all my fixes for WikiFeeds up at some point. And my custom MediaWiki skin.
23:48, 5 May 2010 (PDT)
I'm moving servers, which means backing up and restoring my Mediawiki and all its pieces, and I'm also upgrading it to the current version. A lot of stuff broke, but I think I've fixed it all. Please email me if you see something wrong with the site, or the feeds, or whatever. Thanks!